A joint venture between Capitaland and City Developments Ltd (CDL), Sengkang Grand Residences is a prime mixed-use development in the heart of Sengkang Central. Fully integrated lifestyle needs and seamless transport connection just below your home. Sengkang Grand Residences is about fulfilling all your needs, with shopping mall at doorstep, 7 days a week.
Spread across 9 blocks the residential components comprises of 680 units.
Unit type from 474 sqft one-bedroom plus study to a luxurious 1,324 sqft four- bedroom premium plus flexi, with and estimated monthly maintenance fees ranging from $280 to $400.
Sits on land area of 401,012 sqft. The 3-storey Sengkang Grand Mall has a gross floor area of 160,000 sqft which includes retail shops, F&B,
commercial space, supermarket and 1,000 sqm childcare centre. It boasts a 3-storey Community Club with an estimated area of 6,000 sqm, a hawker centre and bus interchange.
Its 99-year lease tenure commenced from 13th November 2018, with an expected vacant possession on the 30th November 2023.
A green linear park will run along the entire frontage of the development along Sengkang Central and Compassvale Ancilla Park, featuring plants of various textures and fragrances, creating unique sensory experience and a communal space for the public to rest or exercise.
The orientation of buildings provided good natural ventilation in the common areas and residential units. Building façade designed with good performance glazing to reduce solar heat. Units are designed with deep recessed balconies, providing shading to the internal space.
Energy lighting designed by use of LED and provision of motion sensors in common areas.
With the proximity to up-coming Cross-Island MRT Line via Hougang MRT which is slated to be completed by the early 2030s, it will have about 30 stations, with close to half of them being interchanges with existing lines. It will have an initial daily ridership of at least 600,000 trips.
Gracious living in a heritage town
Hougang currently offers a good mix of public and private housing types to cater to a range of needs and preferences. As part of the plans to rejuvenate the town, areas near Punggol Park will be opened up for building new homes over the next few years . At the same time, various initiatives will be implemented to enhance the overall living environment and to strengthen the residents ‘connection with local history, including:
- A one-stop community club with a hawker centre, a health care facility and an arts centre, located at Hougang Avenue 9.
- An Estate Upgrading Programme including a new pedestrian footbridge across Sungei Punggol at the Gerald-Mugliston Estate
- More retail amenities at Kovan, Hougang Central, Hougang Avenue 7, Buangkok Drive and Jalan Pelikat
- Enhancements such as the Upper Serangoon Road heritage corridor to showcase Hougang’s history
- Improvements to public spaces such as new walkways and landscaping at Hougang Central
- A new nursing home to serve the needs of our elderly residents at Hougang Avenue 8
Better roads for better rides
Served by two MRT stations and a bus interchange, Hougang is well connected to other parts of Singapore via public transport. Within the town, getting around will become much easier with transport improvements to smoothen traffic flow and improve accessibility, including:
- A new integrated transport hub at Hougang MRT station
- Road improvements along Upper Serangoon Road, Upper Paya Lebar Road, Tampines Road, Lorong Ah Soo and Hougang Central
- Extension of Buangkok Link and Buangkok Crescent to complete the local road network within the neighbourhood.
- Construction of the Cross Island Line. This will pass through Hougang when it starts operations by 2030, and provides another direct MRT route to Changi and the west, as well as other major towns.
Greener than ever
Residents in Hougang have easy access to many major parks in the north-eastern region via the North-Eastern Riverine Loop (NERL) park connectors. When the NERL eventually becomes part of the 150km-long Round Island Route, recreational sites farther afield will be even more accessible, such as the Changi Coastal Loop. As the green network expands in future, most homes in Hougang will be closer to parks or park connectors. This includes:
- New neighbourhood parks within Kovan Estate
- A park at the future Lorong Halus Industrial Park
- An expanded Punggol Park
- An extended park connector at Hougang Avenue 3 to link up with the Pelton Canal park connector, providing easier access to Kallang Riverside.
- New interim sports facilities at the Jalan Kayu Sports Hub on Buangkok Crescent
- Enhancements to the canal at Hougang Avenue 10 under PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean (ABC) Waters programme, through new landscaping with lookout decks, shelters and seating
Attractive work places near home
Defu Industrial Park will be redeveloped and its total industrial floor space will be increased significantly. The redeveloped estate will offer more jobs as well as a more attractive work environment with features such as a cycling network and an amenities centre. Residents hoping for short commutes to work can also look forward to new jobs at the upcoming Lorong Halus Industrial Park. This new-generation industrial park is targeted at light and clean industries such as food, lifestyle and logistics, and will boast a vibrant riverfront lined with lush greenery.
Punggol Digital District (PDD)
3 stops away from the the future Punggol Coast MRT, is the future Punggol Digital District – Singapore very Next Silicon Valley. Punggol Digital District brings together the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)’s campus and JTC’s Business Park spaces within Punggol North to create Singapore’s truly smart district. It will not just house the key growth industries of the digital economy like cybersecurity and digital technology, but will also be an inclusive and green lifestyle destination of the surrounding community.
Punggol Digital District is specifically designed to let industry and academia intermingle through the sharing of each other’s work spaces and facilities.
This physical integration facilitates the cross-fertilization of ideas and nurtures collaboration in key emerging technologies.
Seamless connectivity, Scarce and Sustainability
Private residential units in integrated developments only make up 1.3% of the total number of private residential units nationwide, integrated developments are RARE! Currently, only 8 out of all existing 119 MRT stations. Sengkang Grand Residences is the 9th integrated development that is seamlessly connected with both MRT station and bus interchange.